Friday, October 24, 2008

Nurture Your Faith

I kept my faith, even when I said, "I am greatly afflicted" (Psalms 116:10 NRSV Bible)

We have two choices in dealing with the unexpected. We can become bitter, or we can allow the unexpected to enrich our lives. If we choose to allow the unexpected to enrich our lives, then how can we survive the pressure? I believe there is only one thing that can truly help us deal with all of the changes of life--our faith in God.

I would not be the person I am today without my faith in Jesus Christ. I would not have been able to handle all the ups and downs in my life with out God's love working in me. So, we must nurture our faith--no matter how much we have. Weather we have lots of faith or only a tiny bit, we must nurture it. We do this through worship, study, conversations with God, mutual support of one another, by helping those who need us, by giving our time, and by sharing our resources. The greatest growth in my faith has come from experiences of helping other people.

So, we must nurture our faith, which will help carry us through the unexpected twists and turns of life. God of all, as I nurture my faith in you, please carry me through the unexpected hardships of life. In Jesus name, Amen.

Ron Newhouse

No comments: