Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Spiritual Warefare


Brothers and sisters in Christ I have to admit I have been at war in my mind. Due to my own life struggles and things I've heard and seen the devil has been hard at work trying to make me question my faith.

I've never been stronger in my faith than at this point in my life and i don't think I've ever felt the devil try to fight me as much. Questioning if God loves me so much why do I have to suffer more now that I am trying to do His Will and please Him. I have to say I am so happy to know His Word and have experienced His blessings because if not I can honestly admit that the devil would have a good chance at winning me over with his temptations and poisonous thoughts he tries to plant.

I KNOW that God will not put more on me than I can bear and there is no suffering that I can endure that would be more than God giving up His son for His love of me. Jesus saved us from our sins and the least we can do is acknowledge Him and show our appreciation by following the Word and Will of God. He will not forsake us. (Psalm 9:10, KJV) And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

No my battle has not been easy but I'm not giving up. The closer we get to God and doing His Will the more the devil will fight to pull us away. This is why it is so important to learn His Word. Stay prayed up. Surround yourself with Christian friends and family because we all fall down and may need support to get back up again. I thank my Christian support system from the depths of my heart for keeping me on track and reminding me of my Heavenly Father's Word.

Everyone reach out to someone because you never know who is fighting a battle right now and seeking a life preserver. The devil makes the easy road look real good so stand together in the fight to win more to Christ and help those who may be struggling. None of us are perfect and need a helping hand at some point.

There is strength in numbers and when numbers are praying it's mighty!

No comments: