Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Prayer

Prayer shared by Derrick Rosborough

LORD, when I feel like I am in a boat in the middle of the lake and You are not there, help me not panic. You promised never to leave me, and You are always aware of my circumstances whether I feel like it or not. So, help me trust that You know where I am and will come to me, even if You have to walk on water to do it! In Jesus' name, Amen.

(Mark 6:45-47, NLT) Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and head across the lake to Bethsaida, while he sent the people home. After telling everyone good-bye, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. Late that night, the disciples were in their boat in the middle of the lake, and Jesus was alone on land.

1 comment:

Queendom said...

I often feel like a boat in the middle of a lake. Even though my southern, baptist upbringing tried to condition me to think differently. It is truly not a good feeling because it can start manifesting into anger.