Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Prayer

Prayer shared by Derrick Rosborough

LORD, however well hidden, things have a way of becoming known at the most inconvenient times. Help me not do anything I would be ashamed of anyone else knowing. And give me strength to face what I have hidden in the past and do whatever I need to do to make it right now. I do not want anything to hinder or taint what You have called me to do. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Exodus 2:11-14 (New Living Translation)
11 Many years later, when Moses had grown up, he went out to visit his own people, the Hebrews, and he saw how hard they were forced to work. During his visit, he saw an Egyptian beating one of his fellow Hebrews. 12 After looking in all directions to make sure no one was watching, Moses killed the Egyptian and hid the body in the sand.

13 The next day, when Moses went out to visit his people again, he saw two Hebrew men fighting. “Why are you beating up your friend?” Moses said to the one who had started the fight.

14 The man replied, “Who appointed you to be our prince and judge? Are you going to kill me as you killed that Egyptian yesterday?”

Then Moses was afraid, thinking, “Everyone knows what I did.”

No comments: