Friday, March 25, 2011

Scripture Meditation

 Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sometimes when we pray, we don't sense God's presence. When we read the Bible, the words seemed lifeless and without meaning. We just don't seem to be able to make the connection, between the written words and our life. But we do know there is a connection. Then one day our daily Bible reading leads us to a certain verse,...and a light comes on. We discover a connection so big and clear that we have to wonder; "how we didn't see it sooner?".

For me it was today's verses,...when I read those words, I felt relief and a warm embrace. My hardened shell formed by my feelings of anger, guilt, shame and fear,...all that stood between God and me, came tumbling down,...and I knew that I was truly a child of the Most High, God Almighty.
 
Study the Bible
...not even our own feelings of inadequacy or failure can come between God and us.
________________________________________
Gracious and ever-loving God, be near to us, reminding us of Your great love for us and showing us that nothing can separate us from this love. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.
 

No comments: