Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Scripture Meditation

My God, my God! Why have you forsaken me? Why do you remain so distant? Why do you ignore my cries for help? Every day I call to you, my God, but you do not answer. Every night you hear my voice, but I find no relief. Yet you are holy. The praises of Israel surround your throne. Our ancestors trusted in you, and you rescued them. You heard their cries for help and saved them. They put their trust in you and were never disappointed. (Psa 22:1-5 NLT)

Prayer: LORD, some days, I feel this way too - alone and abandoned. The feelings are real, but the reality is that You will never leave me or turn a deaf ear to the cry of my heart. Help me look beyond the feelings and trust You in the dark times as well as the good. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: