Monday, July 23, 2012

Scripture Meditation ~ Breaking The Chains



Some sat in darkness and the deepest gloom, prisoners suffering in iron chains, for they had rebelled against the words of God and despised the counsel of the Most High. Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron. (Psa. 107:10,11,13-16 NIV)


Questions:
What grips you?
What has seized you?
What has you in its grasp?

Is there anything that makes you do what you do not want to do?
 


Prayer: LORD, not all chains are made of iron. The pit of depression, the grip of addiction, or the pain of heartbreak and loss can be as strong as any chain of iron. I am grateful that You are able to deliver out of any kind of prison or break away any chains, no matter what they are made of. You can set me free anytime, anywhere, from anything that holds me in bondage. Give me courage to cry out to You and faith to believe that You hear me and will help me. Thank You that no matter how I feel, I am not alone, because You care about everything that concerns my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: