Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Build Your Trust

(REBUILD YOUR THINKING BY STUDYING GOD’S WORD AND TRUSTING HIM)

In the book of Exodus chpt 7-12 Moses listened to God over and over again (11 times to be exact) and did exactly what He had told him. Even though each time he went back Pharoah’s heart was just as hard, Moses did not give up and He continued to listen to what God had told him. God never told Moses in the beginning how many time he would have to go to Pharoah, so I’m sure after like the 5th time it must have been VERY DIFFICULT, but Moses trusted God and he kept going back, he kept on believing.

I think of how many times I’ve given up and gotten weary because the things that God has told me to do seem to not be working. The people he’s told me to minister to don’t seem to hear me or give me the time of day. Yet, the burden remains for me to help them.

In my relationship with God there has not always been a great level of trust. So over the years I’ve had to learn that although He doesn’t give me everything I want, He’s always given me much more than I’ve needed. And the fact that He hasn’t given me everything that I’ve asked Him for is so good! I’ve asked God for many things that would harm me and the calling on my life not being aware of the fact that it would.
I’m so sure I’m not the only one. So what I’ve done and continue to do is build on my relationship with Him and trust Him more and more. With trust come peace. That peace that people do a double take and look back at you, like “Why isn’t she/he falling apart right now?”

So has God given you very specific instructions, and a very unique assignment? Do people laugh at you or ignore you when you go to them with it? I want to tell you to never give up! Do what He has commanded you even if you never get to see the results! Martin Luther King Jr. never got to see President Obama in the white house, yet he marched and he marched didn’t he?

MARCH, GO, and may God’s plans always be yours.


No comments: