Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Who's Around You?

Hey I've got a question. Brain picker so-to-speak:

Would you only consider friends that will only tell you what you want to hear? Do you tend to lean more towards the ones that will tell you the truth no matter how hard it may be for you to swallow or do you tend to avoid these type of friends. Do you have the type of friends that will give you the tough love that you need? That will tell you when you’re being a baby, to pull up your big boy/girl under pants and except responsibility and grow up?

Take the time to evaluate the people that you have surrounded your self with. Do you push each other up to higher heights, hold each other back to remain in the comfort zone, or because you’re too much of a chicken to do what it takes to accelerate yourselves and one another?

As I’ve looked back over my many years of falling down and bumping my head…I think about the people I ran with or considered friends, and I have discovered that the ones that I have respected the most are the ones who weren’t afraid to open their mouths and tell me what the real deal was. The ones who didn’t hesitate to tell me to quit the crying girl, you were wrong, stop playing the victim and grow up!

I have also learned that it isn’t until one is ready and willing to hear such truth that they will see the benefits and true value in these kind of friendships.

So what type of friend are you and who are the ones that you surround yourself with? Maybe it's time to evaluate...

No comments: