Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WHO IS IT REALLY ABOUT?

John 9 (Amplified Bible)
1And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Wow what a revelation!!!! Driving home from class last night and I got to thinking about things that I have done and things that people have said that I do or am. And I began to feel so misunderstood. To have your heart misunderstood is such a painful thing. So I questioned God and asked him was it true what people say? Could I really be that way? If so then why, why make me that way?

God answered me immediately and said “My child, the answer is no. I told you who you are but I have created situations in your life so that my works and my glory may be revealed.” He began to reveal to me how often times we get so overly concerned with how things look or appear to be at the moment and we try to put labels on everything of how it must be. Often times we look at the outer appearances of people and we say that they must be this sort of person. Jesus’ disciples looked at the blind man and automatically they thought that because the man was blind that someone had to have sinned. But Jesus said no, no one sinned but he was born blind so that I, HE, could prove that he is a restorer of sight. Your situation was not created for others to pick it apart and put labels on who did what, but God created it so that he could prove that HE IS a restorer. Your marriage may appear to be broken beyond repair, its not for people to say who did what, but so that God can be proven a restorer of broken marriages. Your health doesn’t appear to be failing for others to say you must have done this or that but so that God can be proven a healer. Your bank account doesn’t appear to be empty so that people can say that you must not be paying your tithes (hopefully you are) but so that God can be proven a provider.

We take everything that we go through in life so personal to the point that we forget about God. Who is this really about? Is it about you? Is it about your feelings? Is it about who did what to you? Someone hurts our feelings and we go into this me, I, my and mine rant when God is saying “WAIT A MINUTE!!!” “I AM HE” “I caused the winds and the sea to obey” “I am the author and the finisher” “ I hold every heart in the palm of MY hand and I turn it which way that I want” “I AM sovereign I do as I please”

Wow! Talk about having respect for WHO HE IS!!! What a humbling experience! God can do what he wants in your life. Stop allowing people to give you their opinions on why things are the way that they are. Stop allowing people to cause you to feel as though you have done something wrong. It’s not about you but its about HIM and HIM alone. Let God get the glory out of your situation because that’s what its’ all about. And that’s WHO it’s all about!

Toni M. Sharp...Be Blessed

No comments: