Thursday, August 20, 2009

For me or for You?


This prayer was shared by Derrick Rosborough.

LORD,
Sometimes I think I am doing things for You, when it is really only for myself or what others think. Pierce the veil of my own thinking and help me see my true motives. And when I find something being done for wrong reasons, give me courage to stop it or correct it. Help me be willing to submit everything I do before You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Zechariah 7:4-6, NLT
4 The Lord of Heaven’s Armies sent me this message in reply: 5 “Say to all your people and your priests, ‘During these seventy years of exile, when you fasted and mourned in the summer and in early autumn, was it really for me that you were fasting? 6 And even now in your holy festivals, aren’t you eating and drinking just to please yourselves?

No comments: